Need some vacation inspiration? Some ideas for your next family trip? Learn from the best! Click through these galleries of 2020’s winning travel pics.
By Maryann Jones Thompson
It’s hard to believe a whole year has disappeared since we awarded Alison Bowman-Salas the grand prize in ROAM’s Family Travel Photo Contest of 2020. Who knew that trip-taking would be curtailed just a few weeks later?
As we prepare to award ROAM’s Best Family Travel Photo of 2021, let’s take a look at the travel photos that inspired us during our year of quarantine from some of the most famous magazines, contests and photographers in the industry.
Links to the Winning Travel Photos of 2020
- The news channel’s Travel editors pick their favorite wire-service shots from a year of covering news around the world.
- A European based competition that recognizes the year’s most incredible photographs by adults and teens, too.
- The editors pinpoint 18 shots that remind us of why we missed traveling last year.
- Forbes promotes the shots up for consideration in the photo app’s annual contest.
- Blackwater goblins, smiling scallops, and a whole category devoted to nudibranchs! Click here for complete gallery of winners.
- Fabulous, brilliant shots from Instagrammers around the world.
- We love Afar so we’re including their faves from the year before last 😉
- Another magazine with some catching up to do – and a great gallery of inspirational shots, too.
- A bedtime story in Morocco turned into the most-loved family travel photo of 2020. Click the link above to see more of the judges’ favorites.
- Check out the winner, runner-up and honorable mention pics that launched our initiative to recognize the most authentically beautiful family vacation snaps.
Maryann Jones Thompson – January 2021
After a thousand years in publishing as a business journalist, ghostwriter, content strategist and market researcher, Maryann brings her experience traveling as a backpacker, businessperson, expat and mom to writing and editing for ROAM.
© ROAM Family Travel 2021 – All rights reserved
It's not just for billionaires anymore.
Oh the places you'll go... from home!
Locals' favorite family-friendly lakefront destinations
Same coast. More value. Fewer crowds.
25 unique & classic must-drive vacations for families
Incredible golds, oranges and reds of the coast, high desert and mountains.
Gotta get away? Check these ideas for COVID-19 trips
Armchair trips for active families.
Take the grandparents on a cross-state odyssey of Wild West vistas & outdoor majesty
Your one-stop-shop for 2020 family vacation ideas from all the top travel writers.